Thursday, February 18, 2010

Jealous.....

I seem to spend more time than I'd care to admit

on Facebook these days.

However, it's truly a great place to catch up with old friends

and when you're a military family, to keep in touch

with ones all over the world.

Last week I was a little jealous of

all my friends and family in Texas

who got between 6-12 inches of snow!

I know right?!?!

Snow! In TEXAS! It's unheard of!

None the less it happened and it made me sooo

miss the snows we were able to enjoy in

Washington the past 3 years.

Pictures after pictures were posted.

For some of my friends it was the first time

they had ever seen snow,

even more so this much!!!
It made me think back on the first time I saw the

gorgeous white flakes.
It hurt my eyes, so bright and pure!

To be totally honest

I'm not sure if it was the actual snow I was jealous of

or the family time we spent with one another

after all the hustle and bustle of the world halts.

When 1-2 feet of snow happen everything stops...

school, dance, gymnastics, scouting,

my volunteer obligations, all of it.

The road leading into our little subdivision would be closed

due to the sharp incline leaving it impossible to pass.

We would be stuck in our little cul-de-sac for hours and hours

of vehicle-less play...not a sound you would hear

but the giggles of kids playing.

We would all bundle up and play
as long as we could humanly handle the snow...
head in to warm up and then go out again!
I miss seeing the rows of wet clothes hanging from the stair's banister,
the piles of wet socks,

gloves and hats at the front door.

I miss the hot chocolate rings all over the counter

and the reiminants of the cocoa powder
from where the kids have missed their mugs.
I miss the time we had to pat down little trails in the snow,
the kids following me like little baby ducks
in order for us to make ways for the pups to go to the bathroom.

I miss the snowball fights in the dark

just because

we didn't want the day to end.

I've missed this part of the winter when the world stops

and it's all about time with the family....
it's all about giggles and no bedtime curfews....

yep, that's all it was...totally jealous of their snow...totally.

3 comments:

Gramma 2 Many said...

We miss you up here! But there was no snow to enjoy this year. Just rain rain and more rain! You actually brought tears to my eyes with this post.
Love all of the pictures:)
Any all of you too!

Karyn @ Candarbry Garden said...

You moved,too bad!!! You didn't miss anything this winter, I have trees in bud! But you sure made me miss you!!! Happy Florida days to you!

Otte, Party of Five said...

cute cute pics :D