Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Reading....Really?

So most of you know that I live a VERY busy life. I color code my stinkin' calender so I can keep up with who needs to be where and when. It's a little ridiculous but I absolutely LOVE IT!! The down side of it all is that finishing a monthly crafting magazine, in the SAME month it actually came out in, is normally a big feat in itself. Well, I was laying in the floor a couple of days ago and saw the extension cord that I had yet to remove from the Christmas lights. Right next to it totally crammed in the corner between the armoire and the wall was a nice big stack of books that have been collected all with good intentions to be read...someday! I just start reading and I want to fall asleep!! I can't even seem to make it past the 1st chapter!! A girlfriend of mine suggested a thriller series (I LOVE suspense) that may actually have a chance to be read...versus collecting dust in the corner. It was right on top. I decided to grab it on a whim and start reading. Amazingly enough I made it to chapter 3!!!! THAT'S A RECORD FOR ME!!! I'm sure part of it was that it was in the middle of the day and not when I'm totally exhausted and ready to crash (however I still fell asleep). None the less, I have really gotten into it. Now I'm not planning on making some record and finishing the book before the weekend (I can't imagine how people finish them in a day) but I will say that there are moments I actually CRAVE to read it. I can't wait to find out what happens! This is a REALLY big deal for me guys!! It's probably been 12 years since I've finished a novel! I know I can't WAIT for chapter 32....for a couple of reasons!!!!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You want to get addicted to a book, try reading Twilight! I read the first one in two days.

Cristie :) said...

You see, that leads to a problem in itself. I KNOW there's a movie and I KNOW I can find out the ending a lot sooner than if I read. There can't be a movie out....even if it differs a little. I'm a cheater with no patience! :)

Otte, Party of Five said...

i feel ya... it has to be REALLY good for me to get into it. martha's right! however... i can read TWILIGHT until 1 or 2 in the morning, on a school night! i am officially in love with a vampire named Edward. :) i had to run out and buy the second book as soon as i finish the first one... that first book took me about a week though. you know how busy mom's are :)
--love you!