Saturday, December 13, 2008

Look what's happening right now!!!!!!

So all week the weather dude has been saying to prepare for snow. I was truly hoping to see lots of it this year. One, because after 2 previous years of practice I feel somewhat safe in it now--well at least I can continue to function. Two, because we only have one more year here in Washington and I want to make sure to take advantage of "real" seasons while I can.

Today I was waiting in the driveway for the kids to get off the school bus so we could head out to the grocery store and post office. So at this point my pantry is stocked, bills are paid, and we have gas heat so we're guaranteed warm! Every few minutes I walk past the window to pier out....guess what I saw at 1 am (Friday night for me still)??? SNOW!!! It's been going for about 45 mins now-----KEEP SNOWING!!!! KEEP SNOWING!!! Let's see what it looks like in the morning....I mean, after I go to sleep, LATER in the morning that is!!! :) This picture was taken after 15 minutes. By the current pile of snow on my deck I would say we're up to about 1/2 an inch. It's only 34 degress right now so I'm not sure how much will stay on the ground; however it's supposed to continue all day tommorrow. Our high for tomorrow is 34 and the low is 22 so I'm feeling pretty positive we'll be out sleding down the hill sometime this weekend!! :)

No comments: